Lumps In Back of Throat After Strep Throat

Patient: I had strep throat recently and am almost done taking my penicillin. During this time I looked into my throat and noticed some strange lumps behind my uvula. They are at the back of my throat and are colored pinkish. I am not sure if these are related to my strep or if I should go back to my doctor again to get them looked at.

Doctor: The pinkish swelling at the back of your throat are inflammed adenoids. The adenoids are part of the lymphatic system th at are located above the roof of the mouth and behind the nose. These swell up when there is a bacterial infection, such as strep throat, you do not need to be concerned as you’re already on medication. Warm saline gargles will help.

View all posts