Lumps on perineal raphe

Q: Hello,
I have several new raised lumps along my perineal raphe, they are skin coloured, quite hard and do not discharge anything. I noticed one initially about 3cm along from the anus and now several more over the last day have come up closer to the scrotum. They are not like cysts and don't appear fluid filled. If you have any suggestions on what this may be I would be very grateful.

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that these lumps could be caused by a benign skin condition called fordyce spots. Fordyce spots are enlarged sebaceous glands which can be hard, and usually found in the genital area. Another possible cause of these lumps could be due to an infection with the human papillomavirus resulting in eruptions of genital warts. We recommend that you have this area examined by your doctor, and since these are newly discovered, it would be best to see your doctor promptly to have them examined.

Thank you for consulting