x
199 Physicians Online

Question:

Lymphocele

I have a lymphocele against my spine, not inside the stomach lining, that is really large and has been drained a few times, and the doctors used schlerosing to try to get rid of it but it keeps coming back. It is almost the size of a full size football. I think that it messes with the veins in my legs, especially the side the lymphocele is on(the left side). Can this thing burst on it's own, or will it continue to get bigger?

Answer:

Sometimes they tend to disappear with time, but if it keeps getting bigger it has to be removed because the mass effect that is producing, meaning: compressing veins and the rest of the surrounding structures. There is always the possibility that it can get ruptured due to a violent movement or trauma.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA