Ask The Doctor > Pending > Lymphocytes count fluctuating. Is it serious?

Lymphocytes count fluctuating. Is it serious?

Patient: Dear Sir. I am from India and I have been noticing fluctuating lymphocytes. I was running heavy fever for a week and was on antibiotics and I went for a blood work on February 22 when my differential lymphocyte count was 18.70. My earlier test on Aug 1 showe dmy lymphocyte count as 32. But on March 11 when I did another CBC the lymphocyte count went to 27.60 and on March 19 it reached 35.17. Since then I have been taking antibiotics and antidepressants (heavy doses) for my fibromyalgia and other disorders and my blood work on April 4 shows my lymphocyte lowering to 18. Why is my lymphocyte count fluctuating and is this a serious sign? My doctor dismisses it as non significant and has advised me not to keep repeating the test. Please explain why there is a fluctuation and is it clinically significant?

Symptoms: Fibromyalgia Pain and mouth sores due to biting of the cheek

Doctor: