M having problem with abortion

Patient: Hi! this is lakshmi. m pregnant and as thie was an unwanted pregnancy the took unwanted kit on last friday. I got the fetus out on the same day n bleeding also was at very high level. my problem is it is still bleeding heavly n i have to change pads like for every 2 hrs. Is that a problem or itz normal, coz ita making me very week.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually medical termination of pregnancy with tablets is po ssible upto eight weeks of gestational age.Generally the process of abortion will complete in 48 to 72 hours and after that you can have spotting for four to five days.But sometimes retained products of conception remain inside the uterus and can lead to continuous bleeding.So, as you are having heavy bleeding, better to get evaluated.By clinical examination and ultrasound, the possible cause of your bleeding can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.Take care.