Macrodantin and Ciprofloxacin for UTI

Patient : I am in Peru and feel like I have a uti. My doctor prescribed me macrdantin for my recurrent uti's and some cipro in case I got a bacterial infection. I will taking these medications together cause either one to be less effective?
Doctor :   You should avoid taking ciprofloxacin with macrodantin, because it may decrease the effectiveness of macrodantin when ta ken together. As you have recurrent UTI it would be safe to avoid the combination to prevent flare up of the infection and for complete cure.