Male orgasm without Ejaculation

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Male orgasm without Ejaculation

Patient: I over 60 now and recently noticed that when we have sex, I have an orgasim without any ejaculation.  What could be wrong?

Doctor: An orgasm without ejaculation is referred to as a “dry orgasm”  It can be caused by a lack of sperm production or a cond dition called retrograde ejaculation.Lack of sperm prodcution is usually due to a damaged prostate or seminal vesicle. Men can experience this type of damage from bladder, or prostate surgery. They can also get this type of damage from any type of radiation treatment in the pelvic region.A retrograde ejaculation is when the semen and sperm do not exit through the penis, but rather enters the bladder. There are a couple of reasons for retrograde ejaculation. Men who have diabetes or are on certain types of medication can experience this condition.  Also, any male that has had previous prostate or baldder surgery is more likely to experience retrograde ejaculation. Diabetes and multiple sclerosis are also known to increase incidence of retrogade ejaculation.A visit with your urologist can determine, through some testing, which condition may apply to you.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No