Male yeast infection?

Patient : Im a male, age 21, and I've noticed that when i apply pressure to my urethra, there is a definite soreness. This soreness can be felt when i apply pressure all the way at the bottom of the shaft to the tip of the penis. It does not bother moe after sex, and only sometimes do i feel a mild dull soreness after urination. I have very recently been tested for STDs, and I am totally clean. What bothers me is that sometimes I smell a "fishy" smell coming from my penis, and based on my research, I have found that it is probably bacteria building up. The most common diagnosis for this fishy smell is a male yeast infection, but I see no visible redness or spots anywhere on or around my penis. Do you still think this is a yeast infection? I bought OTC anti fungal drops, but should i apply these directly to the opening of my urethra? (a scary prospect)
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon