x
163 Physicians Online

Question:

Male Yeast Infection

Hey, I'm a 17 year old male and a doctor in a free clinic advised me that my penis showed signs of yeast. He told me to buy Clotrimozole cream that is anti-fungal and so I did. However, he said it should come off in about a week. I've been putting the cream on, night and day, for the past 9 weeks and although the situation got better, I still see small light red areas... what should I do? I hear Monistat is very good. Should I buy that? Is it ever going to fully go away? I'm worried. Please help.

Answer:

I understand your concern about your condition. Signs and symptoms of a male yeast infection include a reddish rash, along with itching or burning at the tip of the penis. Fortunately, most male yeast infections are easily treated with an over-the-counter antifungal treatment, such as Monistat. Apply the medication directly to the affected skin twice daily for a week. If the rash doesn't go away or if it recurs frequently you might need to be re evaluated to rule out other conditions.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA