Male Yeast infection/ Balanitis Won't go away after many treatments

Patient : I'm a 21 year old male and I have had a yeast infection for over a year, I believe it was contracted from unprotected sex. I have seen 3 doctors, 1 being a urologist, and the other 2 where at the local STD center. They all have diagnosed it as a fungal infection, Candida Yeast infection, the Urologist calls its Balanitis for a male. I have tried many treatments with no luck, it would seem like it would get better in the beginning but just stop. I have tried multiple single dose Fluconazoles tabs 150mg. And recently the Urologist put me on 50mg/day Fluconazole for 1 month with OTC Jock Itch topical treatment Equate. Which is 1% Terbinafine. I just went back to the Urologist and he put me on another 2 months of 50mg/day fluconazole. I really feel that this isn't working and I am nervous to wait another 2 months to see what happens, since every treatment from the multiple doctors assured me it would clear up, but have not. I have tried all monistat's also. I dont know what else to try other than what the doctor told me, but after 1 month there was very very little improvement. So i feel that it will be the same result, I have spent so much money well over $650 to try and get rid of this and really cannot afford to continue with these expensive doctor visits. I'm really starting to lose all hope at this point and getting depressed from it. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. If pictures would help you with your answer or recommendations please tell me and I will get some up. Thank you for all who took the time to help me!
Symptoms:  Redness, few rash spots big and small around head, slight burning, not ussualy. Discomfort.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 32 yr old femae, I have had a history of being diagnosed with overactive bladder 2001(age 19) - 2008, treated wi...

Q: I am a male of 30. I have been experiencing some rashes on my Penis (tip of the penis). The top half of the tip of th...

Q: What do I do about reoccurring yeast infections? For about 2 years now, I've been getting on-and-off yeast infections...

Q: I am suffering yeast infection for a year and i am so worried about my health, i have already taken anti-fungal antib...

Q: I am prone to get yeast infection, by taking drugs containing yeast ,, will that just make it worse?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon