Management of Abnormal uterine bleeding

Patient: I am currently taking Generes Fe. I have been taking this birth control for a month and a half. Read all the information with my pills. I am bleeding like a heavy flow period. It is not light bleeding or spotting. Is this normal or do I need to call my doctor and change my method. Thanks!

Doctor: Abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused by numerous problems. The first step in the management id to determine whether t he bleeding is ovulatory or anovulatory. Ovulatory bleeding is typically cyclic, but heavy or prolonged whereas anovulatory uterine bleeding refers to unpredictable endometrial bleeding of variable flow and duration and is the most common cause of abnormal uterine bleeding. Stress, significant weight loss, and exercise can disturb the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis and are common causes of bleeding. I would advise that you watch your symptoms and take NSAIDs like motrin and advil to decrease the pain and bleeding. If your periods are recurrently heavy, visit your doctor for a physical examination and  further evaluation.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts