Managing hypo living alone

Patient

Q: Respected dr.,
i am a boy of 18 years and i am a diabetic patient since my childhood.till now i have not moved away from my home and thus at home during night(when i am sleeping),my mother awakes me up and asks me if i am alright and if i say that i am not right(or my mother observes that i am not alright) then she gives me something to eat.
now,i have to take admission in a university which is not in my city and so i will have to stay in hostel.my question to you is that how can i manage my hypoglycemia if it occurs during night in hostel and how can i know during sleeping that my sugar level is getting down?
please give me some solution
I shall be thankful to you

Doctor