Managment of warts

Patient

Q:
HELLO THERE I HAVE A WART ON MY LEFT THUMB ABOUT THE SIXE OF A 1 PENCE PEACE , I HAVE HAD ACID FROM THE DR AND DRYED FROZZEN MEDICATION NOTHING HAS WORKED IT SEEMS THAT MY DR WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ME , IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN TRY ORE TO HAVE IT BURNT OFF THANK YOU MR A W HENNINGS

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about your wart treatment. As you may already know warts often  disappear on their own, although it may take many months or even years for the warts to go away. But some warts won't go away and they need to be treated with Acid or Liquid nitrogen which has already been tried in your thumb.
You can also try using Cantharidin which is a chemical that would paint your wart and turn it into a blister, e pain and blistering of the wart in about 3 to 8 hours. After treatment with cantharidin, a bandage is put over the wart. The bandage can be removed after 24 hours.
If this doesn’t work, your doctor might try more radical treatments such as burning the wart, cutting out the wart or removing the wart with a laser. These treatments are effective, but they may leave a scar. They are normally reserved for warts that have not cleared up with other treatments.