Many allergies developing in twenties

Patient

Q: For the past few months, I seem to have developed allergies that I never had before. I had allergies in the fall, and I assumed it was ragweed. Allegra helped. Now I am getting allergy symptoms again (for about a month or more now). I am still taking allegra, but it is not helping anymore. I have tried claritin, did not work, now I am going to try zyrtec.

Symptoms are clear, runny nose constantly, and occasionally sinus pressure when it builds up. No other symptoms.

I do have a cat, we got her a year and a half ago, and I did not experience allergy symptoms until at least a year after we got her. Could she still be the culprit?

I do have an appointment to get tested for allergies. I am just worried that it is something more serious.

Doctor