Maple syrup smell in my facial area

Patient : My girlfriend has been telling me that I smell like I have been eating Maple Syrup whenever she gets close to my face. I was sick last week with a high temperature and sore throat but that has subsided. Today I began to notice the Maple Syrup odor myself. Thoughts?
Symptoms:  Maple Syrup smell, Past(Sore throat, fever)
Doctor :   Thank you for question. There no medical illness associated with this type of odor on the skin. It is possible that you may be exposed to a substance that you are bathing with, or certain foods may lead to changes in body odor. For example, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli can have an effect on body odour. If you notice that your urine begins to have this distinct odor it may be indicative of the fact that you could be developing a metabolic disorder in which you are unable to digest certain amino acids. Please keep monitoring this, and if you are still experiencing this body odor, please see your doctor for further evaluation. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com