Masses on my two year old's knees. I don't know what they are. Please Help!

Patient

Q: Today while changing my two year old daughter's diaper, I had her draped across my legs and I noticed two large masses, on each of her legs, located on the inner side of each knee, each on is a little larger than her fist. They seem to be sensitive to the touch and she recoils when they are touched. My boyfriend says it's "knock knees", but I am unconvinced. I'm wondering if they are not swollen lymph nodes. I am concerned because they seem to cause her pain when they are messed with, and it's affecting her gait, her legs are both looking bowed. I am really wondering what they are.

I circled the mass, and the leg in the picture is held as straight as I can hold it, and if you look at the right side it looks bowed. Both legs are like this.

Doctor