Masturbation after SVT ablation

Q: I am 17 years old and just had a cardiac ablation for SVT. My doctor has not said anything about sexual activity and I was wondering how long I should wait before beginning to masturbate again. It is the day after and I will be removing the bandages today.

Symptoms:  N/a

A:   Thank you for your question. With any cardiovascular invasive procedure there it is recommend to wait at least two to three weeks before engaging in any excessive activity in general, this includes sexual activity. we are not certain as to how severe your SVT was, and what other risk factors you may have so we cannot advise you with certainty as to how long is it wise to wait. It would be best to ask your cardiologist who knows your history and who performed your procedure in order to determine what your recovery protocol and restrictions will be. wishes you a speedy recovery.