Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Masturbation Question.

Masturbation Question.

Patient: HelloI’m 17+ yrs old (this august will be 18) and I masturbate daily once . I actually forgot when I started masturbate .My question is there any harm if I continue masturbating daily ?Will I be able to become a father ?Is there any side effect ?If yes please tell me how can I avoid masturbate because it’s very very difficult for me to not to masturbate how much I try still I can’t help my self not doing it.Please help me …Thanks

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There is no harm in masturbating daily, in fact it is a healthy way of keeping your sexua l drive in control and being able to lead a normal life. Masturbation once or twice a day will not affect you in any way nor will affect the chances of you becoming a father or reduce your sperm counts. It is safe and harmless. Excessive masturbation like doing it a lot of times in a day can lead to tiredness and localised pain in the area, apart from that no other complications are bound to happen.Hope this helped.Regards,