Max Heart rate and Adrenaline

Patient

Q: Do max heart heart rate numbers still apply when adrenaline is accounted for? I'm 53 and started racing a dirt bike. My max is 167. Before I even start, my heart rate is in the 150's. Last Sunday, for a period beginning before the start, and ending after racing and resting for 10 minutes, total time about 1.5 hours, my average heart rate was 166, the peak was 188. I've hit as high as 192. Other than being tired, I don't feel any worse for wear.

On the other hand, if I try to get into the 150's during normal exercise, I definitely get symptoms of overtraining for days and weeks afterwards.

Doctor