May be pregnant on depo provera injection when could I take a home pregnancy test

Patient : I had my depo injection a week late and during that week I had unprotected sex and I think that I am pregnant. I just wanted to know when could I take a home pregnancy test as I don't get periods so can't go by that
Symptoms:  pregnacy symptoms such as change in beasts feel more full and sore and little white lumps on nipples, belly cramps, need to urinating more often and nausea
Doctor :   The depot shot does not provide cover for unprotected intercourse before having taken the shot. Neither is it recommende d as a form of emergency contraception. It is therefore always recommended that the depot shot is administered after ascertaining that there is no possibility of a pregnany If you have had unprotected intercourse before taking the depot shot there are chances that you could have conceived. I would recommend that you take a pregnancy test atleast 3 weeks or later after the day of the intercourse. If you do test positive, you must know that there is a high chance of having an ectopic pregnancy ( baby in the tubes) while being on the depot. Ectopic pregnancies can lead to severe internal hemorrhage which is quite dangerous and hence I recommend that you see a doctor immediately if you test positive. If the baby is intrauterine, you will need to decide about the fate of the pregnancy. You must know that damage to the fetus is unlikely because of the depot shot. Research suggests that there is no significant difference in birth weight or birth defects in babies exposed to the depot as compared to the other babies. Hope you find this information useful and make the most of it.