Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Me and my boyfriend had sex last Saturday

Me and my boyfriend had sex last Saturday

Patient: Me and my boyfriend had “sex” last Saturday. Nothing really happened. Anyways, I was supposed to be expecting my period the day that happened. We were completely naked in bed, and there was no ejaculation but his penis rubbed against my vigina,and I’m not sure if his penis was close to my vigina hole. Later he touched his penis and fingered me. He said he had cum on his fingers but he wiped it off. So just to be sure 30-35 hours later I took plan b. And I haven’t had my period this month, and I have no idea what to do. Is there any chances I’m pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.For pregnancy to occur, intercourse should happen around the ovulation time which is around the mid-cycle period. If you have a 28-day cycle, with the first day of bleeding considered to be Day 1, the ovulation will occur around the 14th-15th day. Hence days 8-20 is considered to be unsafe for having unprotected intercourse as the ovulation time can’t be predicted and semen can stay in the vagina for 3-5 days.Since you were expecting period the day it happened, you have no chances of pregnancy. Moreover, you have not mentioned about any active intercourse without which pregnancy is not possible.So please do not worry. You will get your period soon.Hope this was helpful.Regards.