Me and my fiance want to know if masturbation causes prostate cancer

Patient

Q: Me and my fiance have been talking about this, and I want to know. Dose materbation lead to prostate cancer?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com.

Masturbation is an extremely healthy process which lets a male express his sexual desires in the absence of a regular sex life. If done in a controlled manner, it is a healthy process, and there are no side effects of masturbation. Rather it helps in getting rid of old semen, thereby boosting semen formation.

It definitely does not cause prostate cancer. Please do not worry.

Hope this was helpful,