Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Me and my girl friend had unprotected sex I pulled

Me and my girl friend had unprotected sex I pulled

Patient: Me and my girl friend had unprotected sex I pulled out but she is worried I got some in I bought take action the contraceptive pill and she took it 3 and 1/2 hours after the incident I don’t think she ovulated yet her period is at the end of the month and we had sex beginning of the next month is she pregnant

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since the contraceptive pill was taken with in a short time frame of less than 4 hour s after intercourse,there are high chances of not getting pregnant. However, no contraception is hundred percent effective. It can have a failure rate of 0.5 to 1 percent.Kindly do a pregnancy test in case she misses the next cycle or after 15 days of last intercourse to rule out the pregnancy.Hope this was helpful.Regards