Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Me and my girlfriend had protected sex a couple days

Me and my girlfriend had protected sex a couple days

Patient: Me and my girlfriend had protected sex a couple days after her period. The condom broke and I pulled out right away and we stopped. Her period tracker said she was supposed to have her period yesterday and I am so scared she might be pregnant. How can I tell if she is or if she is just having a late period. She is 16 and I am 17.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have had intercourse, right after two days of her periods, provided the periods being regular, there is nothing to worry about pregnancy as it is the safe period. However, do a urine pregnancy test on her to rule out pregnancy. In case it is negative she may wait for a week’s time for her cycles.Hope this helped.Regards