Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Me and my girlfriend had sex about a week ago

Me and my girlfriend had sex about a week ago

Patient: Me and my girlfriend had sex about a week ago. She has complained about nausea and stomach aches. Could she be pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulati on, there is a possibility of pregnancy.Nausea, abdominal cramps etc symptoms can be seen in other conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease, premenstrual syndrome etc.So, just by symptoms we cannot come to a conclusion regarding pregnancy.If she misses her expected date of periods, let her go for urine pregnancy test once.Hope this helps.Take care.