Mechanical Lower Back pain

Patient: Hello ,Im 15 and I suddenly developed a back pain,it is in the middle left hand side of my back.It started since morning and went on for about 6 hours.This is first time I had such pain.At times it hurts no mater what i do,but at other time it hurts only when i move around.I am about 10kg overweight and I am little worried why such pain started all of a sudden.I had no injuries to my back or to other parts of my body.Some advice would be very appriciated.

Doctor: Mechanical low back pain (LBP) is the second most common reason for seeing a physician in the United States. Of the US p opulation, 85% will experience an episode of mechanical LBP at some point during their lifetime. Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks.The suggested strategy in your case would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: teach you flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles.Also is very important to keep a good posture at all times and practice low-impact activities such as swimming, walking, and bicycling can increase overall fitness without straining the low back. Standing: While standing, keep your head up and stomach pulled in. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, you should have a small stool on which to rest one foot at a time. Just following these easy recommendations you will decrease the chances to have episodes of low back pain.