Mechanical Lower Back pain

Patient

Q: Hello ,Im 15 and I suddenly developed a back pain,it is in the middle left hand side of my back.It started since morning and went on for about 6 hours.This is first time I had such pain.At times it hurts no mater what i do,but at other time it hurts only when i move around.I am about 10kg overweight and I am little worried why such pain started all of a sudden.I had no injuries to my back or to other parts of my body.Some advice would be very appriciated.

Doctor

A:   Mechanical low back pain (LBP) is the second most common reason for seeing a physician in the United States. Of the US population, 85% will experience an episode of mechanical LBP at some point during their lifetime. Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks.
The suggested strategy in your case would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: teach you flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles.
Also is very important to keep a good posture at all times and practice low-impact activities such as swimming, walking, and bicycling can increase overall fitness without straining the low back. Standing: While standing, keep your head up and stomach pulled in. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, you should have a small stool on which to rest one foot at a time. Just following these easy recommendations you will decrease the chances to have episodes of low back pain.