Medical abortion with Mifepriston and Misoprostol.

Patient : I took a pregnancy test on the 12th April and both the line occurred dark and showed that I was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I took medical abortion pill with Mifepriston and Misoprostol on the 15th april and it has been a week till now. I had cramps, heavy flow of period and now those are over. Today i did a pregnancy test, and the control line in the strip came out dark , but there is a very very light line almost negligible line in the test of the strip. Can it be possible that I am still pregnant? It is not possible for me to have an ultrasound at the moment.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Urine pregnancy test gives positive line by measuring beta HC G levels in the urine. Even after completion of abortion it may take around one to two weeks for the beta HCG levels to come to zero levels and till that time you may get faint positive line. If you are not having bleeding and pain abdomen at present, you may not need any further intervention. Take care.