Medical advise for cold and flue.

Patient : I have flue, and i am feeling cold and my throat is very dry. please advise
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. You have typical cold symptoms. You ca n drink warm water consistently which will provide a lot of relief to your throat. If you develop a sore throat, then betadine/ saline water gargling will be helpful. For cold, you can take Tab. Levocetirizine 5 mg at bedtime. This is an anti-histaminic which helps in reducing the cold symptoms. In case you end up developing fever and seem to get worse, antibiotics will be required due to a possible upper respiratory tract infection. In that case, you can discuss with your physician and start Tab. Augmentin ( Amoxycillin + Clavulanic acid ), or Levofloxacin after discussing with your physician. These antibiotics are particularly effective in upper respiratory tract infections. Hope this was helpful, Regards.