Medical advise for cold and flue.

Patient

Q: I have flue, and i am feeling cold and my throat is very dry. please advise

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
You have typical cold symptoms. You can drink warm water consistently which will provide a lot of relief to your throat. If you develop a sore throat, then betadine/ saline water gargling will be helpful. For cold, you can take Tab. Levocetirizine 5 mg at bedtime. This is an anti-histaminic which helps in reducing the cold symptoms.

In case you end up developing fever and seem to get worse, antibiotics will be required due to a possible upper respiratory tract infection. In that case, you can discuss with your physician and start Tab. Augmentin ( Amoxycillin + Clavulanic acid ), or Levofloxacin after discussing with your physician. These antibiotics are particularly effective in upper respiratory tract infections.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.