Medical complications in a marrying mother's first cousin

Patient : Doctor, I just want to know the medical complications in me marrying my mother's first cousin. What are the tests that can determine the complications, if it is possible.
Doctor :   Consanguity is usually a risk factor in many genetic and hereditary disorders like thalesemia etc. In your case though t his is a distant relative there still exists some risks. The only way of determining this is through gene testing and analysis which is difficult. However you could have some genetic counselling done and look into in depth details of yours as well as your fiances family history in regards to health problems. All the best.