Medical Knowledge and Information

Patient

Q: I have been taking (Telmisartan) Micardis 40mg for about 5 years. It was prescribed to me as a precautionary measure when I went to work in the middle east as my employer didn't want any 'issues'.

I have already cut the dose in half and suffered no ill effects. I would really like to come off the medication completely but the doctors I have seen say that it is a drug that must be continued... forever!

Is this true?

I have maintained a record of my blood pressure and it is normal. I am a male, 51 years old, approximatly 5ft 6ins tall, and weight is 70 kgs. No other health issues.

Symptoms:  None
Doctor