Medical Marijuana and Post-Virus Swollen Glands

Q: Hello,

For about 3 weeks I have had a viral upper respiratory infection and my glands and lymph nodes are extremely swollen. This has lasted for about 4 or 5 days following the "cold" symptoms.

I have been to the doctor and they said it will go away on it's own.

However, I am a daily medical Marijuana user and I have noticed that smoking brings me from a 2 to a 10 in a matter of minutes with my swollen glands.

My question is, how long will it be before I am able to ingest Marijuana again without irritating my glands? How can I tell when it will be "ok"?