Ask The Doctor > Pending > Medical or Surgical Abortion

Medical or Surgical Abortion

Patient: I’m 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, according to the ultrasound I got 3 days back. I wanted to go for a medical abortion, but the gynecologist told me I should go for a surgical abortion because I’m at the peek, which is 6 weeks counting from my LMP. Now I did some research online and I got the pill too, and it says you can take it upto 9 weeks, so does the indication on the box, as long as you get an ultrasound after 10 days.I just wanted a second opinion on whether it’s safe to take the pill or if I should go for a surgical abortion instead.Thank you.

Symptoms: 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant (confirmed by ultrasound). Tender Breasts. No nausea till now. Tiredness and weakness.

Doctor: