Medical reasons a late term abortion cannot be carried out

Patient: Im due to have a late term abortion , im 23 weeks just under the 24 weeks limit in UK, i discovered i was pregnant at 17 weeks when i started bleeding heavily and had to go to ER . I had booked in an abortion but again went in to the ER due to heavy bleeds. 2.5 weeks ago. I am lightly spotting now. will they asses me as fit for the abortion tomrrowI am 32 years old. I have been carry on with my work and other activities and feel physically fit.

Symptoms: Abortion

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,At 23 weeks of ongoing gestation, it is actually dangerous to c onduct an abortion unless actually indicated depending on the woman condition and if there is any congenital anomaly present in the foetus. The fact that you have had heavy bleeding during 3 weeks ago, which is not a healthy sign at all for pregnancy and can indicate a possible low lying placenta which can again be a cause of concern if abortion is attempted.I feel the abortion can be attempted by your obstetrician only after an obstetric ultrasound to confirm the location of the placenta. Secondly, abortion in late second trimester can cause heavy bleeding and the foetus is well formed.So it is necessary that you should consult your physician in detail and take an informed decision.I hope i have addressed your concern,Wishing you good health,Regards

View all posts