Medically fragile child at school.

Patient

Q: Hi,

I have a question, more of a concern to address if it is medical safe and okay.

My daughter is 6 years old. She has Trisomy 13 which a trach., wheel chair bound, developmental delays, seizures disorder, g-tube feed, and more.

She attends school. Her principle wants to withdraw one of the nurses in her classroom and have only one nurse attend to my daughter as well as another child with the same chronic condition that is also trach. Is it safe to have a 1 nurse ratio to two wheelchair bound, trach. child for a full day school calender and summer school, to and from the bus too?

My child have a lot of stool blow out that needs baths at school. When the nurse is doing this who is left to attend to the other child? And the other child is said to have a lot of suctioning needs and deep suctioning. When the nurse is tending to this who is tending to my child?

I am going to call my daughter's doctor list on Monday when clinics are open but for the mean time i am on a panic attack.

Thanks,

Pa

Doctor