Medication Allergy

Q: I have been on benazepril hydrochlorothiazide (20mg/12.5mg) for about 3 years and Bystolic 5 mg for a year and a half (both for hypertension). In August 2013 I began having symptoms thought to be an allergic reaction to one of these medications. The symptoms are a feeling of a lump in my throat, tightness in my throat,difficulty swallowing, feeling that my upper lip is swollen, difficulty in feeling like I'm getting a full breath, constant nasal and inner ear congestion, light headed (occasionally), ringing in my ears. I spent a week off of each medication under my doctor's instructions to no avail. I saw an ENT who diagnosed silent reflux. I saw an allergist who found allergies to tree pollens and cat dander but did not think that was causing my symptoms other than possibly the nasal and ear issues. A gastroenterologist give me an endoscopy and found that everything is structurally fine with my upper GI tract. Since all of these symptoms are associated with both acid reflux and adverse reactions to medications such as the ACE inhibitor and beta blocker I am taking, could it be possible that I wasn't off of either of the medications long enough to point to one of them as the culprit - wouldn't the symptoms get worse if it were one of these medications?

Symptoms:  Lump in throat, difficulty swallowing, short of breath, nasal congestion, inner ear congestion, ringing in ears, light headed