Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Medication choice for my symptoms

Medication choice for my symptoms

Patient: I am a diabetic and i have a cold i have nasal congestion, runny noise, watery eyes and sneezing. What over the counter medication do you recommend?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be suffering from either allergic rhinitis or a sinus infection . The treatment regime for each of these is different and we therefore cannot offer you an over the counter remedy without further examination. We recommend that you go for an examination of these symptoms in person by a doctor in order to be prescribed the appropriate medication taking into account that you have a preexisting medical condition of diabetes.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com