Medication Expiration Date

Patient

Q: I am a recovering alcoholic who was prescribed Chlordiazepoxide back in March of 2013. I still have half the medication, and have saved them on my dresser in case I were to need it again.

Well, I need it again ... but on the bottle it says, "Do not use after: 03/06/14".

I really cannot afford to see a Doctor for another prescription, as I was figuring I could take the remainder of the pills I have, but really need to stop the shakes, sweating, etc that comes along with withdrawal.

My question is simply this: May I still take these pills without harming my body (liver, kidney, etc)? And will it be successful if I take them as instructed (One pill every four hours)?

Thank you kindly for any response.

Patrick

Doctor