Medication for blood pressure.

Q: I am taking Tritase 10mg once a day for the last three year for blood pressure. This was prescribed by Doctor when I got admitted for severe vertigo management. At that time blood pressure was 160/95. My blood pressure usually remains normal and it goes whithin the range of 125/90 and 145/95. I am facing problems like vertigo, dizziness, blurred vision, sudden sweating and get faint while standing at once, thurst. I want to get my medication for blood pressure changed. All my tests like cholesterol, lipid profile, glucose, blood cp are normal. Kindly suggest some alternate medication for blood pressure having lesser side effects and convenient dosage.

Symptoms:  As explained above.

Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query.
Tritace contains Ramipril which belongs to ACE (Angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitors group. Although ACE inhibitors are proved to be very effective antihypertensives, they can cause the side effects as in your case. At the same time remember that your BP is normal on medication which means you have to take some antihypertensive medication always.
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) such as Losartan, Candesarten, Telmisartan are prescribed usually to the patients not tolerating ACE inhibitors.
You can visit your physician and discuss with him the option of taking ARBs.
Also follow lifestyle modifications such as salt restricted diet and regular exercises for better outcome.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!