Ask The Doctor > Pending > Medication for Seizures during pregnancy

Medication for Seizures during pregnancy

Patient: I get minor seizures. So I’m onCarbamazepine (400mg in morning and 600mg in evening). I get minor seizures(like a cut off from everything) maybe once or twice a month when I’m stressed. So I went to see the neurologist and he told me to take Lorazepam 0.5mg every evening along with carbamazepine . I’m planning to get pregnant. So I want to know whether it is safe for me to take lorazepam during pregnancy.will anything happen to my baby? I am sure I can manage with carbamezepine alone because I’ll try to avoid my stress.. I just want to limit the drugs I take during pregnancy. Please tell me the best solution to this.

Doctor: