x
150 Physicians Online

Question:

Medications for alcohol dependence.

I have been given some tabels by a doctor from india i do not know what they are for . 1 thimin 100g. 2 librium 10 3 nodict 50g can u let me know what they are and do i need them. thanks peter

Answer:

Librium is a benzodiazepine medication which is used as an hypnotic, for anxiety and muscle relaxant effects. Thaimine is a vitamin which is usually given to patients like alcoholics who have a deficiency for the same. Nodict is a medication used in case of opiod or alcohol dependence. It is difficult for me to say whether you need these medications since you havent told me about your medical history and the symptoms that you are or were experiencing. However in your history you have claimed that you havea  bad drinking problem and thus these medications are necessary . I would advice you to take the same and follow up with your family physician re: Drinking cessation and counselling.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA