Medroxiprogesteron and vaccines

Patient

Q: Which vaccines are contraindicated in case of taking medroxiprogesteron to get pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Are you sure that you have advised to take medroxyprogesterone as a treatment for getting pregnant. It is highly unlikely that this is the case as medroxyprogesterone is contraindicated during pregnancy. There have been reports of minor birth defects in babies born to mothers who had taken the drug in the first 4 months of pregnancy. Please check with your doctor or health care provider about the same as there clearly seems to be some error here.
Live vaccines are generally to be avoided during pregnancy. However depending upon the risks of infection versus the benefits of vaccination you may or may not be prescribed the Vaccine.