Memory loss and weakness in oldage

Patient : My grandfather who is 70+ since a few days is not feeling well. He has had the habit of drinking since many years and just a few days back due to experiencing weakness and vomiting he has not been drinking. We have a doubt that he has had a fall because of the small bump on his forehead but he is not able to answer but is doing all his work like bathing but again forgets his medicines(he has high bp but no sugar). But what has risen the concern is that he is not recognizing his family members. He is saying rather murmuring and is not replying to any of our questions. What could be the reason and what has to be done.?
Symptoms:  memory loss but is able to perform all his work but is not recognizing family members.
Doctor :   The picture of your grandfather with memory loss, incoherent nature, problem in language, etc at the age of 70+ could be dementia. Dementia is quiet common in this age group. Moreover alcohol addiction fastens the onset of dementia. He must be examined in detailed by a neurologist. There must be few investigations done to find the exact cause and prognosis with treatment, as few conditions can not be treated completely and requires rehabilitation for him.