Menisci Injury in a 27 years old male

Q: Dear Ask Doctor i am 27 male weight 150 pounds i started martial arts a year a go i was practicing i kicked a wall very hard now its hurts when ever i try to bend and i got a mri here its is mri of right knee joint High intensity signal is seen in supracondylar region and upper end of tibia in stir coronal images appears subtle low signal in t 1 weighted images suggestive of bone bruise. mild joint effusion is noted. intact anterior cruciate ligament , posterior cruciate ligament and collateral ligament. subtle high intenisty signal in the posterior horn of medial meniscussuggestive of grad 1 tear. Please can you help me

A:   According to the results of your MRI and your symptoms, I can tell you that sometimes when a menisci lesion happens it may be associated to a bursitis , this might be your case, acute knee pain after an injury and related symptoms may be caused by damage to one or more of the soft tissue structures that stabilize and cushion the knee joint (ligaments, muscles, tendons, bursae and menisci).
Meniscal injuries are a common problem in sports and in young active individuals; they are the most frequent injury to the knee joint. The menisci are C -shaped fibrocartilaginous structures attached to the tibia and their main functions to enhance the contact between the two articular surfaces of the knee: femur and tibia ones. The thick outline of menisci allows for a firm attachment to the joint capsule. A reliable indicator of menisci lesion is a click or snaps after the joint unlocks, it may be or not associated with pain. A sensation of giving way may occur when the loose fragment becomes lodged for a moment in the knee joint, causing a sense of buckling. This finding should be distinguished from the sensation of giving way due to joint instability (e.g., ACL tear) or buckling secondary to decreased activity of the quadriceps femoral muscle.
Spontaneous healing is common because of the rich blood supply in the menisci periphery. Successful recovery from a menisci tear is helped by a gradual resolution of symptoms over 6 weeks with a return to normal activity by 3 months. Many menisci tears heal spontaneously. Also, can be treated with casting depending of the severity of the tear.
With time the symptoms tend to  improve. If there is no significant improvement you should get a clinical (orthopedic surgeon) and Imaging (MRI) re evaluation of your knee.