Menopause?

Patient

Q: I have been bleeding for 3 months. i am 49 and do have a family history of early menopause. so i assume that's the issue. but,3 months. and today it is so heavy that i have gone through 4 pairs of panties before 10 am. also very emotional. what is best to do about this? i have no answers that help.

Symptoms:  i have been bleeding for 3 months. i am 49 and do have a family history of early menopause. so i assume that's the issue. but,3 months. and today it is so heavy that i have gone through 4 pairs of panties before 10 am. also very emotional. what is best to do about this? i have no answers that help.
Doctor