Menstrual bleeding during pregnancy

Q: I took a pregnancy test it came out positive i have all the symptoms of pregnancy but am also bleeding like a normal period i don't feel comfortable going to see my GP right now can you help? or tell me what this might be...

A:   Thank you for your query.
When there is persistent bleeding that too like a normal menstrual cycle during pregnancy it may mean there is a problem, it may be because of hormonal in balance, immune problems, or an early loss of pregnancy. Therefore it is better you consult the doctor who can immediately suggest medication to stop the bleeding, with investigations and scan find the underlying reason for the bleeding based on which appropriate line of treatment can be started off to save the pregnancy. Act fast and consult a doctor as soon as possible, it is not advisable to suggest medication unless an examination is done in person.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.