Menstrual Cramping and Menstruation

Patient

Q: I am vaginally bleeding profusely, been on period for approxiamately 3 weeks. Huge clots are continuously passing. I am 49 years old. Is this normal. I cannot keep a tampon or pad or towel or anything down there for more than 10 minutes without flooding it and myself.
also about 7 days ago I got a really bad sore throat and the start of a cold. So I slept for the next 3 days. Then on the fourth day I tried getting up and all day I felt really sluggish so basically I just sat around, by early afternoon my whole body, muscles and joints started to ache really bad by dinner time the pain was unbearable. This lasted through the night and the whole next day and night. That second night of pain the bleeding starting really seriously. Then on the sixth day I was feeling a little bit better and got up around 11:00 pm. Still not feeling that great. Then the cramps kicked in and the coughing and the continuous bleeding and masses of blood coming out of me.

Symptoms:  Symptoms are bleeding vaginally and huge clots of blood continuously coming out of me for the last three days. Cannot keep tampon or towel to hold blood for more than 10 minutes without soaking it and me. Sore thoart is gone but voice is very hoarse and I am coughing and have runny nose.
Doctor