November 17, 2018

Metastasis? The doctor said my mom has it?

Metastasis
Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Metastasis? The doctor said my mom has it?

Doctor: I’m a 16 year old and my mom has breast cancer and nobody in my family will give me details about her health. They think I am a little kid and don’t understand what is going on. Please help as I am really worried and want to help my mom. I heard the doctor use the term metastasis post-chemo earlier yesterday. Could you please tell me what is?

Patient: Thank you for using Ask The Doctor. In very general terms, metastasis is used to describe the spread of cancer from one part of the body to an entirely new part of the body.

Another name for metastasis that you may hear are stage 4 cancer or metastatic cancer. I hope this helps you, if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We wish your mom and your family all the best.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No