Meth and pregnancy

Patient : Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this as its weighing heavily on me. I never had periods on a regular basis so i didnt think anything of it when i didnt have any for awhile. I found out im pregnant a month ago and i am now 17 weeks pregnant. I was using meth regularly (possibly heavily) for a couple of months. The drug is very new to me as i had not done it until a few months ago so honestly, im not sure how much i did or if i was using heavily. I smoked for a few days then would take a break for a couple days. I also was shooting the drug here and there for a couple of weeks on and off until i found out i was pregnant. I am clean now and i will never touch the drug again as i have brought so much pain and confusion into my life with the choices i made. I have not been to the OB as i was planning on having an abortion. I scheduled the procedure twice and i could not in right concious follow thru with it. Its weighing heavily on me as im not in a great point in my life to have a baby, but i have done some soul searching and found that i cannot ingood conscious end my pregnancy. My main concerne is how much damage i have done to the baby and will it be highly affected from my horrible choices.? Im scared of having a child that is born with issues related to the drug and i dont know much about the affects i have caused with my choices. I was considering adoption but im also worried to give someone a child that has problems or disabilities because of the drug use. Im scared to bring a child into the world because i feel like life is hard enough as is without being born with pre existing issues someone (me) else created for it. I dont know what to do and im sorry this is so long. i just want to find strait up answers from anyone that may know about such issues. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It is unfortunate that you have had an unplanned pregnancy while on drugs that harm y ou and your baby. The drug can cause fetal growth retardation and placental insufficiency which can lead to a premature delivery. It can cause some amount of respiratory depression and abnormal brain development rarely . It is recommended that you consult a gynecologist at the earliest and go in for an anamoly scan. If the scan is normal, then you can continue the pregnancy and expect a normal child. If abnormal, you can still opt to terminate the pregnancy on grounds of a valid reason that you have. We wish you all the best and pray that the baby is safe. Regards