Methylin and Clonidine for a newly five year old with anxiety?

Patient

Q: My son just turned 5 in October and has been diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder and is being tested for ADD, not ADHD because he is supposedly not hyperactive. He has been prescribed by his psychiatrist Methylin, 5mg twice daily, and Clonidine which he takes once at 7pm to help him stay asleep. I researched both and the FDA report states that children under 6 should not be taking Methylin and that Clonidine is generally used for treating high blood pressure. Neither mention it's application in the treatment of anxiety but both mention ADHD which he supposedly does not have. He lives in TX with his mother and I live in MA. My question is are these the right medications for a child that just turned 5? Because they don't sound right by the information I've read. Also he lived with me up until he was 2 and never exhibited any strange or abnormal behaviour. I am very concerned.

Doctor