Micro situation


Q: Dear doctor
i am 15 years old and beleive to have micro penis,i have problems going through puberty and feel humiliated.
what can i do ? is there a treatment? and also i am really embarassed to go see a doctor.


A:   Thank you for your question. You have not given us enough detail for us to advise you on medical condition. Micropenis is generally a congenital condition, to which there is no cure besides surgical enlargement of the penis. As your are only 15 years of age, you are still going through puberty, and you may observe increased growth over the next few years. If you have a hormonal imbalance that is affecting your development this needs to be addressed by an endocrinologist immediately. For this, we recommend that you try your best to see your doctor to discuss your concerns. It is understandable to be embarrassed however, we are here to help you, and seeing a doctor in person will greatly assist in us providing you with best possible treatment for this condition. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon